Saturday, March 22, 2014

I have been pretty busy finishing up some well overdue paintings that I had to put aside to work on other projects. I don't like putting this off but sometimes it can't be helped. So for those of you out there that I promised gifts too, please hang in there they will be coming before summer's end. Please accept my sincere apologies, I'm working on doing better.

We are gearing up for our retirement in a little over a year and half. I have a lot of downsizing to do and sorting out of the many items we've accumulated over the years (this will be no easy task). Some of our plans include moving to a little warmer area, opening up an art gallery to include artists in the community we move to, as well as my own work and some of my hubby's beautiful hand made furniture. We are really excited about this and plan on having fun doing it. My ideal building choices would be an old abandoned school house or church, maybe an empty old store front. Something along those lines would lend an outstanding atmosphere to art. I would also like to incorporate a comfortable sitting area where visitors and friends can relax, enjoy a great cup of coffee or tea, read a little or just chat away the time.

Area choices we are looking at are Wilmington, New Bern and a few other coastal towns of North Carolina, Greenville South Carolina, and some areas of Virginia. Nothing has really caught my fancy yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment