Sunday, May 19, 2013

The weekend started off with a Friday morning breakfast with my good friend Colleen. I got to actually see the new book she designed featuring her graphic design business, 45 Degree Design. She is a phenomenal graphic artist and the quality of her work speaks for itself. We had a great time and a delicious breakfast at Michael's.

After that I did my errands about town then met my friend Val for lunch at Monroe Hotel and had another wonderful meal, making two in one day . . . trust me my chicken wrap was low in calories but not in taste. We took our time had a great visit then traveled off to Lowe's to check out flowering hanging baskets. I left with a beautiful pink and white fuchsia that the hummingbirds will love too. I also picked up a coconut lined metal hanging basket to fill sometime next weekend and mealworms for my bluebirds. Friday night was a nice quiet evening at home. After dinner I read for awhile and relaxed. 

We got up early Saturday morning to get to the Farm Market for fresh Amish Donuts--YUM! Daryl and I stood in line for about 30 minutes and carried away a dozen and a half hot glazed donuts. We hurried home to have a donut with a freshly brewed cup of coffee--ahhh satisfied customers!

Saturday night we had pizza with friends and played some cards including penny-ante poker and skunk your neighbor. It wasn't my night to win :(  but I had fun and that's what counts.


Today we decided to sleep in, of course for me sleeping in is until 6 a.m., I put on coffee to brew, fixed a cup of Millstone Breakfast blend in my Keurig and went out on the porch to enjoy it and watch the hummingbirds get their first brew of sugar water. I mixed a quick recipe for Jewish Coffeecake put it in the oven to bake, fixed myself another cup of coffee and back out on the porch. Next time I'll post a picture of those delicious Amish donuts. Yup its been a nice weekend! Back to work tomorrow. See you next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment