Sunday, December 16, 2018

A year ago I stood at a crossroad in my life. I couldn't believe I was retiring. Part of me wanted to and the other part not so sure. We put our house of 26 years up for sale and decided that we wanted to move south, never expecting to sell our house in two days UGH! We had just a little over 30 days to pack up and leave Pennsylvania for parts unknown. We searched several options in North Carolina and South Carolina but neither seemed to fit us. So we headed into Tennessee on a recommendation from a friend.

We ended up in Loudon Tennessee, at Tellico Village. What a beautiful place, couldn't have asked for anything better than this; Smokey Mountains and a gorgeous lake all a few minutes from our new home. This has been a fantastic new year and a new life retired. We've made an abundance of new friends, and there's something to do here every day. If you're bored in Tellico Village it's your own fault.

We have been kayaking, swimming, enjoying working out at the Wellness Center and playing cards at the Recreation Center. We are close to Pigeon Forge, Dollywood and several other great places to visit. We absolutely love it here!

It didn't take me long to get my art studio set up in one of our spare bedrooms. Lots of beauty here to paint. I hope you'll join me in our new location as I paint and blog from Tennessee!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment